Tuesday, October 19, 2010

If I had to choose a title..

it would be... ME. Oh, wait.. I mean God in me. It is funny how easy it is to forget that God is the reason "we live and move and have our being" -Acts 17:28
This last week I was preparing to teach the DTS how to share the gospel and I found my self praying hard into what the gospel message is. Now the gospel message is very simple Jesus saves us from our own sin and sets us free to live with Him eternally if we confess and believe in Him. -Rom 10:9 The problem is we (myself included) forget that there is a new way to stand, to live in Him. He is the center of our lives from then on and to Jesus goes all the glory. It is like we are the moon simply trying to be a magnificent reflection of the sun's (Son's) light.
-But we are still missing one thing... one important ingredient that if we don't have it, we fall into a life of boredom and meaningless intent.
To illustrate this I will finish my story: I prayed and prepared a few days before my teaching, seeking the Lord on  what He wanted me to focus on in the sharing of His gospel. As I was teaching, the students were very quiet and attentive. The whole time I was praying that the truth of the gospel and Gods heart for people would sink deep into them. That God would give them a new revelation of His love. -Eph 3:17-20
After I finished the teaching we sent them out in small groups around the property to meet with staff members (who were representing different worldviews) to practice sharing the gospel. When answering a particularly difficult staff members question, one of the students hit the hammer right on the nail. Staff (representing Islam): "what do I have to do to please God?" The student: "Jesus said in the Bible "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." -Matt 22:37-38 So, this is what it all boils down to: God wants relationship, He came to restore that relationship by sending His son to die on a cross."
In my own words: "The moon and the sun are to dance. The sun loves nothing more than an eternal dance and the moon can't stop praising the sun for His light. When the moon surrenders his night the sun makes it into the joy of a new day. They both light the world for all to see. Glory to God."
To Love God and Be Loved by Him. To walk with Him and to Know Him. This is my pursuit of God. Do I succeed every day?, most certainly not. But, I know He loves me; so, I can walk on without condemnation, fear, or guilt. Ephesians 5 To walk in Love...

Praise to God for His message of Grace and thank you all for your many prayers and support in love,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment